The Building was built in the last century by a local wealthy sponge
merchant. At that time Kalymnos was under Turkish rule, and because
this was the largest building on the habour, it was used as the
Governors offices by the Turk authorities.
In 1912 the Dodecanese island fell under Italian rule, the building
was then vacated by the Tyrks, and it was purchased by the familiy
that owns it to this day.
The family renovated the Hotel in 1994 with permission of the ministry
of culture and it remains a traditional island style Mansion. Attention
has been given to every detail of faithfully restoring this Kalymnian